Saturday, February 14, 2009
Not What I Expected
Coming to China, I had a certain set of expectations about what I'd be doing here in my work - teaching my classes, visiting students, and so forth. Well, yesterday just goes to show that in China, anything can happen. Eugene and I had a meeting with the president of Scholastic, International, and the president of Scholastic, Asia, to explore a possible academic/business partnership. This was my first time to be in a meeting of this sort, and Eugene said that as time goes on and we increasingly work on the integrated schools project (opening schools in China), we will have many meetings like this with top executives of major corporations. I must say, every time I spoke, I could feel the blood rushing to my head and hear myself as if I was floating above my body. Nonetheless, the meeting seemed to go well, mostly because Eugene did the majority of the talking. Well, I wonder what's next in this adventure in China?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! How exciting!
Post a Comment